debugging server but not IE

Andy Fish

Hi,

Using VS.NET 2003, when I use 'F5' to start debugging my web app, it
obviously attaches the IDE to IIS for server debugging. However, it also
seems to put IE into some kind of debugging mode (for javascript debugging)
This causes IE to consume loads of CPU if the page is very large.

Is there any way to have debugging of server side code but leave IE in
"normal" mode?

TIA

Andy

Scott Allen

I'm not sure that the VS options under Tools -> Options -> Debugging
-> Just-In-Time will change the default behavior when you press F5,
but you might want to try.

If nothing else, you could disable script debugging in IE (Tools ->
Options -> Advanced).

Andy Fish

Thanks scott, the JIT options didn't make a difference but disabling
debugging in IE did the trick

Andy