Debugging SOAP Extensions

Ron

Hi

Trying to debug a soap extension. I have been unable to get the debugger to stop in the soap extension code

I have tried this using a soap extension in a seperate class library as well as an extension coded within the same web site as the test page that uses a web services method call, which contains the proper soap extension attribute

Any ideas on how to step into soap extension code would be appreciated

Ron

MSFT

Hi Ron,

To debug a such a SOAP Extension class ( I suggest you put the class in a
class library project), you can attach this project to the process w3wp.exe:

Click menu "Debug/Processes, set "Show System Process" and attch to the
w3wp.exe. ANd then, open IE to browse the asmx file to invoke the web
method.

Hope this help,

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Mahesh ChandraMouli[MVP]

Hi,

Usually the below approach seems
to work alright for me:

Place the break points in the class that implements your
SOAP extension
(In my case, the SOAP extension class was in the same
project
as the web service project. I am assuming it would work
if the SOAP extension was
a separate class library).
Set the project's Debug settings to Wait to attach to an
external process. Hit F5.
Then start up the client application that consumes the
webservice and invoke a
method in the web service. This usually hits the
breakpoints in the
SOAP extension.

Regards
Mahesh ChandraMouli