    I have tried this using a soap extension in a seperate class library as well as an extension coded within the same web site as the test page that uses a web services method call, which contains the proper soap extension attribute

    Any ideas on how to step into soap extension code would be appreciated

    Ron

    Ron, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Ron

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Ron,

    To debug a such a SOAP Extension class ( I suggest you put the class in a
    class library project), you can attach this project to the process w3wp.exe:

    Click menu "Debug/Processes, set "Show System Process" and attch to the
    w3wp.exe. ANd then, open IE to browse the asmx file to invoke the web
    method.

    Hope this help,

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    MSFT, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Hi,

    Usually the below approach seems
    to work alright for me:

    Place the break points in the class that implements your
    SOAP extension
    (In my case, the SOAP extension class was in the same
    project
    as the web service project. I am assuming it would work
    if the SOAP extension was
    a separate class library).
    Set the project's Debug settings to Wait to attach to an
    external process. Hit F5.
    Then start up the client application that consumes the
    webservice and invoke a
    method in the web service. This usually hits the
    breakpoints in the
    SOAP extension.

    Regards
    Mahesh ChandraMouli
    Microsoft .NET MVP|MCAD(Charter Member)

    get the debugger to stop in the soap extension code.

    Mahesh ChandraMouli[MVP], Dec 18, 2003