Debugging thread stall

Roy Smith

I've got an application which uses several threads (from the threading
module) to do I/O. Inexplicably, I've now got a situation where one thread
stalls.

Are there any good tools for debugging Python threading problems? I'm
thinking of something which might print out a list of all the threads, what
they're waiting on, and what locks they hold.

silvercl

I've got an application which uses several threads (from the threading
module) to do I/O.  Inexplicably, I've now got a situation where one thread
stalls.

Are there any good tools for debugging Python threading problems?  I'm
thinking of something which might print out a list of all the threads, what
they're waiting on, and what locks they hold.

You might be aware of pdb (python debugger)
Here's one tutorial (Appendix A) which might be helpful...
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/Python/PyThreads.pdf

Cheers,
Silver.

Chandrakant Silver