Debugging with VS2005 dynamic web-reference

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by blekros, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. blekros

    blekros Guest

    Group,

    My client-side dynamic web-reference contains strings, which I
    substitute with user entries in my installer class. This is
    serialized in app.config, which after building becomes,
    MyDll.dll.config

    For example:

    http:// server/directory/MyService/MyService.asmx

    My installer class for the project substitutes server and directory
    with real values when the .dll is installed. (Yes, it's a class
    library). The web-reference becomes:

    http://realserver/realdirectory/MyService/MyService.asmx

    When I debug the library, (which starts an exe, which loads the dll) ,
    I edit the MyDll.dll.config file and change it to a test service.
    Since the installer is not run, I must do this manually.

    However, it uses whatever default value is in the attribute modifier
    for the defaultInstance, NOT what is in the .dll.config file.

    How can I get the debug version to read the config file? Will the
    production version REALLY read what is in the .config file at run time
    or use the compiled default value?

    Thanks,

    Brad
    blekros, Sep 24, 2007