    I haven't seen anything in the error-log file

    What does it mean?

    Thank you

    joelgleizes, Aug 20, 2003

  2. joelgleizes

    Mike Rovner Guest

    joelgleizes wrote:
    > I try to debug a python project with WingIDE.
    > I load my main file and launch debug session with Run
    > button.
    > I see a first message: "Listening for back-connection"
    > and then appears this error message :"The debug
    > process never connected back to WingIDE. Aborting
    > debug session"
    > I haven't seen anything in the error-log file
    >
    > What does it mean?

    Tha IDE debugger was unable to connect to your program.

    From WingDbStub.py:

    """ wingdbstub.py -- Debug stub for debuggifying Python programs

    Copyright (c) 1999-2001, Archaeopteryx Software, Inc. All rights reserved.

    Written by Stephan R.A. Deibel and John P. Ehresman

    Usage:
    -----

    This is the file that Wing DB users copy into their python project
    directory if they want to be able to debug programs that are launched
    outside of the IDE (e.g., CGI scripts, in response to a browser page
    load).

    To use this, edit the configuration values below to match your
    Wing IDE installation and requirements of your project.

    Then, add the following line to your code:

    import wingdbstub

    Debugging will start immediately after this import statements.

    Next make sure that your IDE is running and that it's configured
    to do passive listening and accept passive connections from the
    host the debug program will be running on.

    Now, invoking your python file should run the code within the debugger.
    Note, however, that Wing will not stop in the code unless a breakpoint
    set set.

    If the debug process is started before the IDE, or is not listening
    at the time this module is imported then the program will run with
    debugging until an attach request is seen. Attaching only works
    if the .wingdebugpw file is present; see the manual for details.

    One win32, you either need to edit WINGHOME in this script or
    pass in an environment variable called WINGHOME that points to
    the Wing IDE installation directory.

    """

    Mike

    Mike Rovner, Aug 20, 2003