Debugging xslt transformations in XMLSpy

Discussion in 'XML' started by eric.goforth@gmail.com, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to debug an xsl transformation in XMLSpy version version 5
    release 3, the same xsl transformation works correctly when transformed
    using Microsoft(R) MSXML 2.0 SP 3. In XML Spy I'm getting the
    following error:

    Error in XPath expression, Function not in namespace.

    on the following line in my main xsl file:

    <xsl:value-of select="xyz:MyFunction(myparam1,myparam2,
    myparam3)"></xsl:value-of>

    My main xsl file has the following at the top:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    version="2.0" xmlns:xyz="urn:schemas-mycompany-com:xyz">
    <xsl:include href="../includes/AnotherXSL.xsl"></xsl:include>

    Inside AnotherXSL.xsl I have:

    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
    xmlns:xyz="urn:schemas-mycompany-com:xyz">
    <msxsl:script language="vbscript" implements-prefix="xyz"><![CDATA[

    function MyFunction(byval myparam1, byval myparam2, byval myparam2)

    Do some stuff...

    end function

    If in my main template I comment out all of the lines that call out to
    the xyz: functions in my AnotherXSL.xsl template I can debug the
    transformation, but this is kind of a pain.

    I downloaded the trial version of XML Spy 2006, but it's even worse.
    When I try to debug my xml with XMLSpy version version 5 release 3 it
    automatically opens up all of the xsl templates that are included in my
    main xsl template. With XML Spy 2006, it doesn't do that and it
    complains about all of the xsl functions that are in stylesheets that
    are included in my main stylesheet. Has anyone else seen this? Is
    there some switch in XML Spy 2006 that will get it to handle includes?
    Is there anyway to get XMLSpy version version 5 release 3 to handle
    these VBScript functions?

    Thanks,
    Eric
    , Jun 21, 2006