Debuging Web Services Consumer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by brian.mills, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. brian.mills

    brian.mills Guest

    I'm having some trouble with Web Services. I'm using Web services to talk to
    a OO database, Jade. It has inbuilt its own web services framework that is
    supost to conform to the standard spec. All was working fine untill I moved
    to RPC encoding/encryption. Where the types are referenced via href=-"id"
    id="id" attributes. This move was put upon me because I wanted to return a
    more complex data type.

    now my C#.Net Web form throws an exception whenever it trys to call the web
    service. as below.
    System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (13, 5).
    ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized:
    name='typesDataAttribute', namespace='', at <allDataAttributes xmlns=''>.

    I'm having a lot of trouble debuging this one. Does anyone have any
    sugestions how to debug this kind of situation. As far as I can tell the XML
    doc produced seems to be correct coming from the service. But I'm no expert
    on that.

    Has anyone had similar problems when trying to transmit complex types
    includeing arrays of sub objects?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    brian.mills, Dec 8, 2004

  2. brian.mills

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Brian,

    I think you may need to refresh the client side proxy.

    Incidentally, you can return very complex data using document literal form.
    If you can model it in a class, it can be serialized in document literal.
    Nested children, repeating items, no problem.

    Hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    Dan Rogers, Dec 10, 2004