Decimal separator chages from dot(.) to comma(,)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Guru, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Guru

    Guru Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a problem in decimal separator. I'm calling an oracle Stored
    Procedure from a CallableStatement, which return a decimal value(say
    12.56). When I execute the Stored Procedure from SQL Plus, I get the
    decimal value in the dot separated format(12.56). But when I call the
    same Stored procedure through my CallableStatement, I get the decimal
    value in a comma separated format(12,56).

    Most of the European nations use the comma as the decimal separator
    and the Oracle server is in an European nation. But I have changed the
    settings to American which use the dot as the decimal separator. But
    still I am facing the same problem.

    Does anybody have any solution for this?

    Any solution will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Guru
    Guru, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Guru wrote:
    > Does anybody have any solution for this?

    Retrieve the value via ResultSet.getBigDecimal(), then you can format
    it whichever way you like.
    Michael Borgwardt, Jul 30, 2004