Decimal separator changing between program runs

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Lasse H?binette, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    I have an interface written in Perl between two different systems. The
    perl program is started with
    case 1:
    program.pl -n <integer> -m getPrice -t <string>

    case 2:
    program.pl -n <integer> -m enterDeal -t <string>

    For case 1 the deciamal separator becomes "," and for case 2 it
    becomes ".", and I don't know why. They are using different logic to
    interface between the system but nothing that should mess up the
    decimal separator. I have as part of the program written out all the
    envrionment variables and they are exactly the same. So my question is
    what decides the perl decimal separator in a program?

    My LC settings are:
    LC_MONETARY = sv
    LC_CTYPE = sv
    LC_MESSAGES = C