Decimal separator changing between program runs

Lasse H?binette

Hi,
I have an interface written in Perl between two different systems. The
perl program is started with
case 1:
program.pl -n <integer> -m getPrice -t <string>

case 2:
program.pl -n <integer> -m enterDeal -t <string>

For case 1 the deciamal separator becomes "," and for case 2 it
becomes ".", and I don't know why. They are using different logic to
interface between the system but nothing that should mess up the
decimal separator. I have as part of the program written out all the
envrionment variables and they are exactly the same. So my question is
what decides the perl decimal separator in a program?

My LC settings are:
LC_MONETARY = sv
LC_CTYPE = sv
LC_MESSAGES = C