    performs the same numerical functions) and if there was a quick way to
    convert all of my Decimal fields to this new type.

    Thanks
    Laphan, Feb 15, 2008

  2. "Laphan" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hi All
    >
    > My ASP driven site has always used MySQL as the DB backbone, mainly as the
    > hosting costs of MySQL are far cheaper than SQL Server at the mo, and it

    has
    > worked fine until my ISP thought that they were doing everybody a favour

    by
    > upgrading to v5 from v4.
    >
    > What happens now is that any ASP query that I do that involves any of my
    > MySQL Decimal data type fields goes belly up. It will not work.
    >
    > Looks to be an issue with ASP, MyODBC and MySQL, but I just wanted to

    check
    > if there was a better/more reliable data type than Decimal (which

    obviously
    > performs the same numerical functions) and if there was a quick way to
    > convert all of my Decimal fields to this new type.

    An ASP ng seems an odd place ask a question regarding problems arising from
    a MySQL 4 to 5 upgrade.

    Phrase such as 'belly up' and 'will not work' are hardly a basis for anyone
    to give any serious diagnosis or direction.

    Does this describe your problem:-
    http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=27864

    Have you tried more appropriate forums or ngs?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Feb 15, 2008