Decimal value gone AWOL in ASP when MySQL updated!

Laphan

Hi All

My ASP driven site has always used MySQL as the DB backbone, mainly as the
hosting costs of MySQL are far cheaper than SQL Server at the mo, and it has
worked fine until my ISP thought that they were doing everybody a favour by
upgrading to v5 from v4.

What happens now is that any ASP query that I do that involves any of my
MySQL Decimal data type fields goes belly up. It will not work.

Looks to be an issue with ASP, MyODBC and MySQL, but I just wanted to check
if there was a better/more reliable data type than Decimal (which obviously
performs the same numerical functions) and if there was a quick way to
convert all of my Decimal fields to this new type.

Thanks

Anthony Jones

Laphan said:
Hi All

My ASP driven site has always used MySQL as the DB backbone, mainly as the
hosting costs of MySQL are far cheaper than SQL Server at the mo, and it has
worked fine until my ISP thought that they were doing everybody a favour by
upgrading to v5 from v4.

What happens now is that any ASP query that I do that involves any of my
MySQL Decimal data type fields goes belly up. It will not work.

Looks to be an issue with ASP, MyODBC and MySQL, but I just wanted to check
if there was a better/more reliable data type than Decimal (which obviously
performs the same numerical functions) and if there was a quick way to
convert all of my Decimal fields to this new type.

An ASP ng seems an odd place ask a question regarding problems arising from
a MySQL 4 to 5 upgrade.

Phrase such as 'belly up' and 'will not work' are hardly a basis for anyone
to give any serious diagnosis or direction.

Does this describe your problem:-
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=27864

Have you tried more appropriate forums or ngs?

MaybelleMa