Declare width of a table cell

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,
    How can I declare the maximum width of the current cell ?
    (By tags)

    I have the following :

    I want that the long_verb will be in one line, please (and maybe I declare a
    fixed big enough width, that the verb will be in one line, but I have tried
    : <td width = 400> and this doesn't work ).

    What that happens is that the long_verb splited to several lines.

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. In article <3fc8859f$1@news.012.net.il>, says...
    > Hello,
    > How can I declare the maximum width of the current cell ?
    > (By tags)
    >
    > I have the following :

    > I want that the long_verb will be in one line, please (and maybe I declare a
    > fixed big enough width, that the verb will be in one line, but I have tried
    > : <td width = 400> and this doesn't work ).
    >
    > What that happens is that the long_verb splited to several lines.

    You could try
    but it's not recommended. There are reasons why the content is wrapped.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 29, 2003