Declaring an ASP.NET assembly a friend

dwelzel

I'd like to declare the assembly containing my asp.net application to
be a friend of another assembly. In particular, I'm having trouble
figuring out how to pull this off in VS 2005. It looks like I can opt
to use fixed names for the assembly, but I'd like to hand specify the
name of the generated assembly. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Guest

Use the Web Application Project model, not the Web Site Project model.
You'll get a single assembly for your entire ASP.NET web application, which
you control the name of, and it will reside in the /bin folder. That's
friendly!
Peter

dwelzel

Interesting, I see how this would do the trick. I realized I wasn't
specific enough when I said "asp.net application", I meant to say
asp.net web service. Will this solution still do the trick in the
case of a web service?