    to use fixed names for the assembly, but I'd like to hand specify the
    name of the generated assembly. Does anyone know if this is possible?

    Thanks!
    dwelzel, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Use the Web Application Project model, not the Web Site Project model.
    You'll get a single assembly for your entire ASP.NET web application, which
    you control the name of, and it will reside in the /bin folder. That's
    friendly!
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jan 27, 2007

  3. dwelzel

    dwelzel Guest

    Interesting, I see how this would do the trick. I realized I wasn't
    specific enough when I said "asp.net application", I meant to say
    asp.net web service. Will this solution still do the trick in the
    case of a web service?

    dwelzel, Jan 28, 2007