Decode request data

Tumurbaatar S.

When a browser sends (get or post) a form data containing
non-ASCII char-s (i.e. above 127), Request returns some char-s
encoded like '&#nnn'. It seems that when I used a standard
WindowsXP keyboard driver to type a non-English text, the char-s
are not encoded. But when I copy/paste non-ascii char-s
(e.g. from range 127..255, mostly Latin char-s with acute, grave and etc)
from Character Map, then a browser sends them in '&#nnn' format.
Why?
And how to decode these char-s at a server end?
Something reverse to Server.HTMLEncode().

Thank you

Tumurbaatar S.

I typed directly &#200 in a form and my web app
sends back this value without any modification as:
<%= Request.QueryString('form_field') %>
and browser displays it as a single char: Latin E with a Grave.
So my app needs to HTMLEncode. But how should my app
interpret a request before when Request.QueryString returns a value
as &#200: the user typed these 5 char-s or copy/pasted E with grave?