decrypt this!

aktxyz

Here is some code that adds encrypt/decrypt methods to string, quite
handy.
Problem is, I need to decrypt in .NET !!
any idea how?

=============================

require 'openssl'

$key = "A75435F0B240012A9489000C2952E41F"

class String

def encrypt(key=$key)
e = OpenSSL::Cipher::Cipher.new 'DES-EDE3-CBC'
e.encrypt key
s = e.update self
s << e.final
s = s.unpack('H*')[0].upcase
end

def decrypt(key=$key)
e = OpenSSL::Cipher::Cipher.new 'DES-EDE3-CBC'
e.decrypt key
s = self.to_a.pack("H*").unpack("C*").pack("c*")
s = e.update s
s << e.final
end

end

puts "hi there".encrypt

irb(main):027:0* puts "hi there".encrypt
A5C7BBF5CBDFE2EC0D5F3B55AC12B761

yermej

Here is some code that adds encrypt/decrypt methods to string, quite
handy.
Problem is, I need to decrypt in .NET !!
any idea how?

Google?
A .NET newsgroup/mailing list/forum?
Use ruby2exe to create an executable and call that from .NET?
Create a Ruby web service and call that from .NET?

Kyle Schmitt

Google?
A .NET newsgroup/mailing list/forum?
Use ruby2exe to create an executable and call that from .NET?
Create a Ruby web service and call that from .NET?

You have two options. Go to msdn, search for what you want (it's in
the standard .net libs), or use visual studio and let intelisense fill
in everything for you, and _READ_ the popups that come up.

What of the (few) good things that can be said about .net is that it's
got almost everything in the world built in. What you're describing
should end up being about a 12-20 line vb.net program, double that if
you include comments, quadruple if try and do error handling (It's an
ugly language ;)

--Kyle

Kyle Schmitt

One of, not what of. Phew.