Deditor -- pythonic text-editor

Kruptein

Hey,

I've finished my second version of deditor, a python text-editor for
python under linux.
It offers some python-only features like an interpreter, a code-
analyzer, syntax-highlighting,...

Are there some people in here who would like to test the app?
(and maybe even help spread it)

more info can be found on launchpad: https://launchpad.net/deditor
or you can mail me (e-mail address removed)

Kruptein

I've noticed that there were a lot of downloads since I posted this
topic, but I don't get any response from anyone so I actually still
don't know
whether it is good, bad, ugly, pretty, easy to use,...

So please help me! :)

Kruptein

I still keep getting more downloads then usual which is awesome, but I
still don't get any kind of response!
please mail me or reply to this post with what you think, You can tell
me that the program sucks but if you want to, do it in such a way that
you also describe what exactly is the problem and not just say "the
total"

I really need some response because I'm working on version 0.2.1 and I
want to know what there should be changed/added

Steven D'Aprano

I still keep getting more downloads then usual which is awesome, but I
still don't get any kind of response!

Welcome to the real world. For every user who sends you an email, you'll
probably have 1000 who don't. Or 10,000.

please mail me or reply to this
post with what you think, You can tell me that the program sucks but if
you want to, do it in such a way that you also describe what exactly is
the problem and not just say "the total"

You've asked for feedback at least three times now. It's probably time to
stop hassling people. When you have another release ready, then you can
ask again. Until then, be grateful that people are at least downloading
it!

I really need some response because I'm working on version 0.2.1 and I
want to know what there should be changed/added

If nobody asks for any changes, then just keep doing what you're doing.

Peter Otten

Steven said:
Welcome to the real world. For every user who sends you an email, you'll
probably have 1000 who don't. Or 10,000.

You've asked for feedback at least three times now. It's probably time to
stop hassling people. When you have another release ready, then you can
ask again. Until then, be grateful that people are at least downloading
it!

If nobody asks for any changes, then just keep doing what you're doing.

Or you can introduce a bug; if your users don't start complaining you don't
have any...

Peter

Kruptein

on steven, peter and eliasf:

Well okay I'm new to the world of developing programs, if I encounter
problems I directly post a bug on the relevant page, that's maybe why
I was a bit frustrated :)

but what you three say is indeed true..

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Kruptein said:
on steven, peter and eliasf:

Well okay I'm new to the world of developing programs, if I encounter
problems I directly post a bug on the relevant page, that's maybe why
I was a bit frustrated :)

but what you three say is indeed true..
Hi,

It does not work with python 2.5 (with statement).

__future__.with_statement allow me to only get to the next error:
"http://launchpad.net/deditor"

Looks like it's using a different version of wx than mine:
In [4]: wx.__version__
Out[4]: '2.6.3.2'

You should include the requirements somewhere so that people don't
bother downloading it if they don't have the proper python version.

JM