    I am talking about the thin (1 px?) border of the actual control when
    displayed on an .aspx page. It looks like it is green or maybe blue but I can
    not seem to replicate it?
    Paul, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Paul

    addup Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Does anyone know what the default border color is for the dropdownlist
    > control in asp.net/vb.net 2.0?
    >
    > I am talking about the thin (1 px?) border of the actual control when
    > displayed on an .aspx page. It looks like it is green or maybe blue but I can
    > not seem to replicate it?

    This is not an asp.net/vb.net issue, but a browser one.
    You'll get more accurate answers on an HTML/CSS newsgroup

    Buried in
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/select.asp
    is the statement "This element is a windowed control"

    and that's just the way IE renders it.

    People have tried various workarounds, some more drastic than others
    example: http://www.easy-designs.net/articles/replaceSelect/

    me, I just learnt to live with it

    -- a --
    addup, Sep 13, 2006