default button in content section with master pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Keith G Hicks, Apr 10, 2008.

  1. asp.net 2.0

    I have several image buttons for the main navigation on my master page. One
    of my content pages is for loging in and has a login button on it under the
    user name and password boxes (it's a slightly modified asp.net 2.0 login
    control but that shouldn't matter as far as I know for this problem). I
    would like the login button on the content page to be the default button but
    no matter what I try, the topmost button of my navigation buttons is always
    activated. I tried puttign the login control in a panel but that did
    nothing. The main navigation button still was activated. I cannot change the
    navigation buttons from image buttons. I went been through a lot of grief to
    get them to work. They are rollover buttons. They used to be href's (wint
    img's in them) but I had to chagne them to image buttons to so that I could
    use relative paths in the urls in order to make them work when the user is
    on a page that is in a subfolder. It was a mess. That part works great now
    and I understand why it didn't before. But when they were href's the login
    button behaved as the default since it was the only actual button on the
    page. Now that's not the case and I'm stuck again. I don't mind making the
    user have to "click" the login button but it's pretty annoying when you
    enter your login info and hit "Enter" and then you are not logged in and
    taken back to the home page. What can I do to solve this?

    Thanks,

    Keith

    Keith G Hicks, Apr 10, 2008