Default charset?

Simon

Hi,

Some users from all over the world add entries on the site, (with comments),
and I was wondering what Charest would be the best to handle most/all
characters?

Some entries are saved as "نه بالا" for
example.

The data itself is saved in the db with "UTF-8 Unicode" but I am not sure
that this is necessarily the best.

What default Charest should I use?

Simon

Mitja Trampus

Simon said:
Hi,

Some users from all over the world add entries on the site, (with comments),
and I was wondering what Charest would be the best to handle most/all
characters?

The data itself is saved in the db with "UTF-8 Unicode" but I am not sure
that this is necessarily the best.

By far the best and the only natural choice. It was designed with that very purpose and is
already decently supported.
Now unicode is the only sensible charset to choose; as for encoding, UTF-8 is the most
common and probably easiest to use, but UTF-16 or something sillier like UTF-EBCDIC may
work for you just as well.