default home pages

Carlos

Hi all,

can I have more than one default page to be considered
as a home page?. I need to redirect to either one depending of a condition
(that is the URL address should just display the web home address)

Thanks,

Carlos.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Just create one Default.ASPX page.
There could be no HTML, just some logic in the code behind to determine
which page you want to display. Then do a Response.Redirect or
Server.Transfer to that page.

Carlos

Steve,

thanks for your prompt answer. However, after
the code redirects the flow to the new page, how can
I make sure that the URL address does not display
the name of the page that that was redirected to..?
i.e. take for instance: always display www.myhome.com
instead of www.myhome.com/redirected.htm, after the
redirection takes place. Is there any way to do that ?

Thanks again,

Carlos.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

For that functionality you'd want to use Server.Transfer instead of
Response.Redirect.