Default Page as ASPX in ASP Web Application

vijay_kerji

Dear All,

I have a ASP web application running with CS2000.
It has Default page as default.asp
It also contains .NET ASPX pages, which will be called from ASP pages.

Can I convert the default ASP page into .NET ASPX Page(Default.aspx)?
(Tried with one sample page, page does not load!)

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Vijay Kerji

Patrick.O.Ige

Welcome Vijay what is CS2000?
Are you getting any specific error or when you say it does not load what do
you mean?
Please elaborate
Patrick

prabhupr

Hi Vijay

I guess CS2000 is C# 2000 (may be you are referring to c# 2003).
When you say you convert default.asp to default.aspx, what level of
conversion did you do. One simple way to test the aspx page is, in the
code behind file (default.aspx.cs) within page_load event write some
response.write event and see if it works
Also remember to have "default.aspx" as the start page in the IIS
configuration

Hope this helps

Thanks
PP

vijay_kerji

- CS2000 is Commerce Server 2000
- No error message, site is in hang mode, tries to load the page
infinitely
- Page is made to display some informal text to verify
- IIS is configured for default page, default.aspx

So, what may be the reason for aspx page not loading into the browser?
Is it because it involves Commerce Server 2000?

Thanks

VK