Default sort column and order in Gridview?

Daves

I have a gridview displaying News items and fetches the data through a
(little complicated) sql stored procedure... The sorting seems to be done in
the gridview since there is no sorting implementation in the stored proc
(well actually it is sorted by DateIn DESC by default but still the gridview
by default displays the items as sorted by DateIn ASC by default!!). The
user can then use the gridview's built in sort function to sort after other
fields.

Is there any way to make the Gridview sort the items by DateIn DESC by
default?

Daves

sorry folks,
it turns out my stored proc was not correct, when ORDER BY DateIn DESC was
put in correct place the gridview correctly sorts it...