defaultRedirect

Darrin J Olson

I am having trouble with the page redirecting for handling errors. I have
the following in my Web.config file:
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="Errs/AppError.aspx">
<error statusCode="404" redirect="Errs/NotFound.aspx"/>
</customErrors>

When I hit an error, it redirects me to the Errs/AppError.aspx page, and it
shows the original page that generated the error as a parameter in the URL,
but it doesn't show the contents of the custom error page. If I step through
it with the debugger it doesn't even hit the Page_Load event. It does show
the default error page without the details in it, saying that I can create a
custom error page using the defaultRedirect page, but in the URL for
Errs/AppError.aspx

There is only HTML on the AppError.aspx page (other than the Page_Load).

What am I missing?

-Darrin

nfedin

Double check that there is not an error in your CustomError page. I
had that happen before and it really confused me for a while. Pass
the proper parameters to you CustomError page and see what it does.
That might be a good place to start.

Neil