    BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script
    etc

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Bill

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > Hello Programmers,
    > I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    > to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers
    >
    > e.g It will bring up a window that will
    > LOOK like a Pop-up
    > FEEL like a Pop-up
    > Allow a name and e-mail entry
    > BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script
    > etc
    >
    > Bill

    Wrong newsgroup, and no, you can't defeat good popup stoppers.
    <sarc>
    What a *huge* shame.
    </sarc>

    Alex Hunsley, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Bill

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Alex Hunsley <> wrote or quoted:
    > Bill wrote:

    >> I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    >> to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers
    >>
    >> e.g It will bring up a window that will
    >> LOOK like a Pop-up
    >> FEEL like a Pop-up
    >> Allow a name and e-mail entry
    >> BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script

    [...]

    > Wrong newsgroup, and no, you can't defeat good popup stoppers.
    > <sarc>
    > What a *huge* shame.
    > </sarc>

    Java applets can pop-up their own windows :-(

    If the pop-up stopper doesn't kill all Java applets, then it is
    likely that an applet can be used to generate pop-up windows.
    --
    __________

    Tim Tyler, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Bill

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Tim Tyler wrote:

    > Alex Hunsley <> wrote or quoted:
    >
    >>Bill wrote:

    >>>I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    >>>to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers
    >>>
    >>>e.g It will bring up a window that will
    >>>LOOK like a Pop-up
    >>>FEEL like a Pop-up
    >>>Allow a name and e-mail entry
    >>>BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer, Yahoo anti-popup script

    > [...]
    >

    >>Wrong newsgroup, and no, you can't defeat good popup stoppers.
    >><sarc>
    >>What a *huge* shame.
    >></sarc>

    > Java applets can pop-up their own windows :-(
    >
    > If the pop-up stopper doesn't kill all Java applets, then it is
    > likely that an applet can be used to generate pop-up windows.

    <sssh! don't tell him that, he'll get ideas!>

    alex

    Alex Hunsley, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Personally, I find what redsheriff does
    just as offensive as pop-ups.

    Thomas Schodt, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Bill

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Alex Hunsley <> wrote or quoted:
    > Tim Tyler wrote:

    >> Java applets can pop-up their own windows :-(
    >>
    >> If the pop-up stopper doesn't kill all Java applets, then it is
    >> likely that an applet can be used to generate pop-up windows.

    > <sssh! don't tell him that, he'll get ideas!>

    Advertisers will catch on to the trick eventually - with or without my
    assistance.

    I'd welcome *more* noise about the issue. That way, the problem might
    stand a chance of getting fixed.
    --
    __________

    Tim Tyler, Nov 7, 2003
  7. "Tim Tyler" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Alex Hunsley <> wrote or quoted:
    > > Tim Tyler wrote:

    > >> Java applets can pop-up their own windows :-(
    > >>
    > >> If the pop-up stopper doesn't kill all Java applets, then it is
    > >> likely that an applet can be used to generate pop-up windows.

    > > <sssh! don't tell him that, he'll get ideas!>

    > Advertisers will catch on to the trick eventually - with or without my
    > assistance.
    >
    > I'd welcome *more* noise about the issue. That way, the problem might
    > stand a chance of getting fixed.

    just disable java, and javascript, and flash, and ocx, and vb script, and
    ..net apps, and any other language that runs on the client side and you may
    be able to stop all sources of pop-ups. but then you might as well go back
    to surfing the web with a character based browser.

    David Robbins, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Bill

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:53:17 +0800, "Bill" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Hello Programmers,
    >I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
    >to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

    Is this not a bit like asking me how to break into my house so you can
    come in and vandalise it? Get stuffed!

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 7, 2003
  9. Bill

    Tim Tyler Guest

    David Robbins <> wrote or quoted:

    > just disable java, and javascript, and flash, and ocx, and vb script, and
    > .net apps, and any other language that runs on the client side and you may
    > be able to stop all sources of pop-ups. but then you might as well go back
    > to surfing the web with a character based browser.

    It's possible to partially disable many of the offending technologies.

    The Proxomitron - for instance - is quite effective at allowing you
    to progressively disable JavaScript features - so you can turn off
    only the features that are offensive to the user.
    --
    __________

    Tim Tyler, Nov 7, 2003
  10. Bill

    NOBODY Guest

    Just use a real browser, mozilla 1.5, with adblock 0.5 extension.

    You can block anything by url (* masked and powerfull regex)
    It also has a context menu adblock image, adblock iframe, and a list of
    blockable elements so that you can make adblock learn more easily. Its
    like (but better than) a filtering proxy server, but without that extra
    hop and troubles of a proxy or firewall filtering setup or extra cpu
    work.

    A HUGE RELIEF, thanks to those developpers.

    NOBODY, Jan 3, 2004
  11. Bill

    NOBODY Guest

    beside, mozilla 1.5 has a fully configurable integrated popup blocker (with
    accept/reject lists)

    NOBODY, Jan 3, 2004