define a data type of 1 bit size

Christopher Benson-Manica

Dan Pop said:
Nope, only "unsigned char *" has this property. Plain char may not be
able to access full bytes (due to the padding bits issues).

I thought that there was also the possibility of generating a trap
representation...?

Merrill & Michele

....snips....
/What/ is "what you're getting at"? Your "reply" doesn't seem to
follow from the "context." You need to quote some context, so that
your posts follow some sort of logical, conversational,
question-and-answer style.

No. You need to learn to put your responses following the material
to which you're responding. For crying out loud, just look at the
way /every other person in this newsgroup/ does it! It's not like it's
some mystical thing you have to be trained in!
And snip sigs if they're not relevant to your post. Snip /anything/
that's not relevant to your post. Just like every other person in this
newsgroup.
Read the archives if you're having trouble.

HTH,
-Arthur

Not that you're interested in biographical details, but I'm not a syntax
guy. That's why I have books on my shelves. I do, however, occasionally
avail myself of help from the internet, and, as I stated, am using a
newsgroup for the first time. Following the rules for this type of forum is
itself a syntax, and sytaxes I work up as required. I wanted to use a
question that nobody cares all that much about to learn how to be here
without my interaction itself causing trouble. Thank you for helping me
post properly. I shall now ask a question about which I care. MPJ