    Thanks a lot!
    Tari

    , Nov 16, 2005

  2. Jason Karns Guest

    You should take a look at SwiXML and SwiXAT:

    http://www.swixml.org/

    http://www.swixat.org/docs/

    maybe SwixNG http://swixng.sourceforge.net/

    nntp://news.cis.ohio-state.edu/comp.text.xml/<>

    Hello,

    I'm trying to describe a User Interface in XML. Purpose is to parse
    this file with Xerces and then show it as an Java-user interface
    (reason: portability).
    The description of the interface, and the actions (mostly buttons),
    have to take place in the xml-file.
    My purpose is doing it all with pure XML (DOM) and Java... So, no
    description of the actions etc. in Java, but all of that in XML. The
    only thing the Java code does, is converting the XML-file (description
    of lay-out and actions) to a Java Swing, working, user interface.
    Can somebody help me with these actions? When a button is pressed, a
    text from a textbox has the be read and shown in another textbox (or
    even changed with the text in another textbox)...

    Thanks a lot!
    Tari

    [comp.text.xml]

    Jason Karns, Nov 16, 2005