define max length for allocator

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by George2, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. George2

    George2

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    Messages:
    108
    Hello everyone,

    In MSDN length_error sample,

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2af6btx2.aspx

    it uses internal macro _SIZT, other than size_t. I have found in file xmemory, _SIZT is defined to size_t.

    So, my questions are

    1. why not use size_t directly, why use an internal name (begins with _)?

    2. Do we have to use _SIZT when we define a customized allocator?

    thanks in advance,
    George
    George2, Feb 28, 2008