Define Relative Folder path in Web.Config

Harshdeep Mehta

Hi all gurus,

Myself Harshdeep Mehta, you can call me Harsh.

I struck up in a situation where I need to define relative path in
Web.Config. I.e. suppose I have a "Export" named folder, besides Web.Config
in same location or somewhere in reference to web.config. Then how to define
that.

I know one easy solution but need better than that. the easy solution is
define folder path in web.config and use Server.mappath in code, but I need
some stuff which gives me path direct from web.config, w/o using
Server.Mappath().

Helping hand will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Have good time with code,
Harshdeep Mehta

Kevin Spencer

The Server.MapPath() method has nothing to do with web.config. It returns a
file path based upon a URL passed to it, regardless of what is in the
web.config file. The web.config file is a text/xml document. You can't
calculate a path in it. You can define one as a hard-coded string. That's
your solution.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Harshdeep Mehta

Hi Kevin,

Thanks to invest your valuable time and effort, but can u give me a link
which mentions your view.

Harsh