"Definitive Guide to OOP in Perl"?

kj

I just came across (in the 2003.09.25 manpage for Graham Barr's
Scalar::Util v. 1.13) a reference to "the APress book `Tuomas J.
Lukka's Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl'".
Since I can't find this book in print anywhere (and no mention of
it at the APress site) I assume that it has not been published yet.
Does anyone know of the status of this book? Is it still in the
works, or was the project abandoned?

kj

P.S. I already own a copy of Conway' "Object Oriented Perl", which
I think is pretty good, but I find the subject inexhaustible.

Juha Laiho

kj said:
I just came across (in the 2003.09.25 manpage for Graham Barr's
Scalar::Util v. 1.13) a reference to "the APress book `Tuomas J.
Lukka's Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl'".
Since I can't find this book in print anywhere (and no mention of
it at the APress site) I assume that it has not been published yet.
Does anyone know of the status of this book? Is it still in the
works, or was the project abandoned?

http://isbn.nu/ seems to recognise the book; lists it as published
in December 2002, and the ISBN is 1893115038.

Randal L. Schwartz

kj> P.S. I already own a copy of Conway' "Object Oriented Perl", which
kj> I think is pretty good, but I find the subject inexhaustible.

For a more tutorial approach, have you seen my "Learning Perl Objects
References and Modules", the sequel in spirit and form to "Learning Perl"?

print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # the first

James Willmore

kj> P.S. I already own a copy of Conway' "Object Oriented Perl", which
kj> I think is pretty good, but I find the subject inexhaustible.

For a more tutorial approach, have you seen my "Learning Perl Objects
References and Modules", the sequel in spirit and form to "Learning Perl"?

<shamless plug>
I found the book to be excellent. Conway's book is the in depth
examination of OOP, but Randal's is a "hit the ground running" examination
of references, objects, and OOP (Oh, my!). Job well done!
</shameless plug>

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
We wish you a Hare Krishna We wish you a Hare Krishna We wish
you a Hare Krishna And a Sun Myung Moon! -- Maxwell Smart