.defs & .s file extension

G Patel

aan anyone tell me what a .defs and .s file extensions are in a C
program (folder)?

thanks a lot

Walter Roberson

:aan anyone tell me what a .defs and .s file extensions are in a C
:program (folder)?

Non-standard, so it would depend upon the implimentation.

Commonly .s would be assembler code generated as the output of
the C parser. In some implimentations, assembler is a necessary
step (i.e., the code generation is done by the assembler) and
in others the compiler is able to go right to binary but will
output assembler if you ask it to.

A .defs file... sounds like it might be either a symbol table
or a pre-processed version of the header files [preprocessing
can speed compilation quite a bit.]