delay and timing

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Amit, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Hello group,

    Regarding (page 19) http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/documents/en/WM8731.pdf)

    I have written a small code to generate those outputs (SCLK
    and SDIN). However, since I'm new to Timing topic I will appreciate
    it
    if some of experts advise me on this.

    The way I have understood it is that SCLK (or continuous square wave
    in output) starts with t3 (where t3=600ns minimum) delay after SDIN.
    However since the table represetns t3 as 600ns (MIN) so I conisidered
    it as 1.3us instead. The reason I did this is because I have
    considered SCLK low pulsewidth and high pulsewidth both as 1.3us.

    Now, all I need to know:

    Is it correct to generate the SCLK with a delay about 1.3us after
    SDIN? or there are other issues that I'm missing?
    if so, what are they and should I add them to the delay time?

    Any suggestions or help will be appreciated greatly.

    Amit
    Amit, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Amit

    Amit Guest

    On Mar 31, 10:38 am, Amit <> wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Regarding  (page 19)http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/documents/en/WM8731.pdf)
    >
    > I have written a small code to generate those outputs (SCLK
    > and SDIN). However, since I'm new to Timing topic I will appreciate
    > it
    > if some of experts advise me on this.
    >
    > The way I have understood it is that SCLK (or continuous square wave
    > in output) starts with t3 (where t3=600ns minimum) delay after SDIN.
    > However since the table represetns t3 as 600ns (MIN) so I conisidered
    > it as 1.3us instead. The reason I did this is because I have
    > considered SCLK low pulsewidth and high pulsewidth both as 1.3us.
    >
    > Now, all I need to know:
    >
    > Is it correct to generate the SCLK with a delay about 1.3us after
    > SDIN? or there are other issues that I'm missing?
    > if so, what are they and should I add them to the delay time?
    >
    > Any suggestions or help will be appreciated greatly.
    >
    > Amit

    Thanks to Kenn I got my answer. Please ignore this thread.

    Regards.
    Amit, Apr 1, 2008