delays in net send in .bat

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by roisin, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. roisin

    roisin Guest

    In a previous post I was advised (thanks for that Mark Schupp) to
    execute net send commands from a .bat file rather than an ASP page -
    so I have written a a script in my web page that will dynamically
    create a .bat according to the options a user chooses (basically
    picking from a list of users to whom they want to send a message).
    However, if they pick everyone and a couple of those users are logged
    off, the script delays for up to a minute trying to find these users -
    therefore if there were say 10 people logged off the script would take
    ages to execute - not good

    Can anyone tell me how to either
    1. get a list of all logged on users - so that there will be no cause
    for delay or
    2. write something that limits the delay to a number of seconds - some
    sort of timeout (per line, not per entire script)

    would really appreciate it
    TIA

    grif

    roisin, Jun 1, 2004