deleted ASPNET account by accident

David

Can somebody show me how to restore the account step by step using windows
XP (I get easily frustrated with XP)? I know it is an account named
"aspnet_wp account", but recreating with the same name does not do the
trick. I suspect there's more to do with IIS, etc.

When I attempt to open an aspnet application, I get a big fat error message
that looks like this.

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Kaustav Neogy

Hi,

try this and see if it helps. Go to a VS.NET command
prompt and type aspnet_regiis -i

Kaustav.