    constructive reply to this posting.
    Thanks
    Rosa

    Rosa, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Rosa

    Rhino Guest

    "Rosa" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Original problem detailed in:
    >
    > (Cannot retrieve message for editing anymore)
    >
    > Hi Rhino,
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I've received most of the code I've added to my original posting and
    > adapted it a little. I'm not a java programmer, but I believed this
    > code to be javascript as it is a .js file.
    > Please feel free to correct my assumption and add some more
    > constructive reply to this posting.
    > Thanks
    > Rosa

    Rosa,

    Yes, .js is the standard extension for a javascript program.

    However, javascript and java are not the same language. In fact, they are
    not even owned by the same vendor. This is very unfortunate since it means
    that many Javascript questions get posted to Java newsgroups in the mistaken
    impression that they are the same language; you are not the first to make
    this mistake ;-)

    The best place for you to ask your question in in comp.lang.javascript.

    Rhino

    Rhino, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Rosa

    Rosa Guest

    Hi Rhino,
    Sorry for the missup!
    I took your advice and posted the question in the other group.
    Thanks
    Rosa

    Rosa, Apr 6, 2005