    uploaded file where i can delete the uploaded file if it is checked.
    Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Any help on this would be
    appreciated. Thanks.
    ed, Aug 8, 2003

  2. ed wrote:

    > Hi everyone hope you guys can help me out on this. I'm working on an
    > upload page where it has the file name, file size, and type of the
    > file that is uploaded. I want to add a checkbox next to each of the
    > uploaded file where i can delete the uploaded file if it is checked.
    > Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Any help on this would be
    > appreciated. Thanks.

    That would not be javascript.

    you will need a CGI to do that. (or ASP, PHP, etc, you know the drill.)

    I would have perl CGI look at a directory and generate a plain HTML for
    users web browser.
    user submits the HTML.
    the perl script would take the parsed form that the user submitted and
    delete the files.

    please look at:
    perl
    perl CGI
    perl command unlink (delete files)
    perl newsgroups

    or PHP and ASP newsgroups.
    Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057, Aug 8, 2003

  3. ed

    Eddie Tan Guest

    So do you have an example of doing this using perl CGI?
    Thanks

    Eddie Tan, Aug 15, 2003