Deleting user names causes IE to crash

Edward

Most of the applications that I build have a login form at the front,
where the user is authenticated via a user name and password.

IE kindly remembers these, but over time the list has grown rather
long and I thought that I would trim it.

TWO QUESTIONS.

1. I can delete these stored names by double-clicking in the text
box, highlighting the row, and pressing Delete. However, if there is
a password associated with it, IE puts up a message box to inform me
of this, and asks if I still want to delete it. If I reply yes, I get
an critical error with the following signature:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 0000b2ab

How can I avoid this?

2. When I am entering a new user name and password combination, IE
offers to remember it. Very useful. However, I have on occasion
replied "No", and ticked the box that says "Don't offer to remember
any more passwords". Is there any way that I can undo this on a
per-site basis?

Many thanks

Edward

Guest

I don't think you will get a response here and I don't know the answer,
sorry. I would try this question in an IE specific newsgroup. I don't know
of any off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure I've ran across one before.