    get the max x and y in the frequency distribution.

    I really appreciate if anyone can help.

    , Dec 11, 2008

  2. On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:57 PM, <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to make the density plot, more specifically a
    > gaussian-smoothed version of a histogram. Actually, it's not exactly
    > a plot that I want. What I want to do is get the maximum count (or
    > highest peak) of the density distribution. It's different from the
    > probability density function that has the center at zero.
    >
    > In S plus and R, there is the "density" function which I can use to
    > get the max x and y in the frequency distribution.

    scipy ML is more appropriate for this kind of questions:

    http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

    In scipy, there is a kernel density estimator, which is one popular
    method for non-parametric density estimation, and fit exactly the
    "Gaussian smoothed version of the histogram" when used with Gaussian
    kernels.

    David

    David Cournapeau, Dec 11, 2008