Dental charting software

tom.henricksen

We have a Java web application that we need to add some dental
charting capabilities. Does anyone have any good recommendations of
charting software in general or dental charting specifically? The
chart is basic but we need to be able to color over teeth indicating
cavities, fillings etc.

Thanks,
Tom

Greg R. Broderick

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
We have a Java web application that we need to add some dental
charting capabilities. Does anyone have any good recommendations of
charting software in general or dental charting specifically?

IMO, you would be better off asking this question in a group that has
dentists and dentistry as its primary topic, rather than one that has
programming in Java as its primary topic.

Cheers!

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

Roedy Green

We have a Java web application that we need to add some dental
charting capabilities. Does anyone have any good recommendations of
charting software in general or dental charting specifically? The
chart is basic but we need to be able to color over teeth indicating
cavities, fillings etc.
I don't know of anything specific to dentistry. Graphics packages are
at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/graph.html
However, I would think you need totally custom coding. You might
handle your problem by showing either an illustration of teeth, a
photo of generic teeth, or the patient's teeth. You then can take the
mouse and scratch over the teeth in various colours. The scratchings
would painted in automatically "dated" paint. You could erase with
a date filter. You could assign meaning to various colours.
You might look into using a glasspane where the scribbles are on one
level and the teeth another.
Or you might put all the information in text, with tooth number, and
the restoration. All you need to is mark where that something
happened on the tooth.
You might have a look for turnkey systems to see what other clinics
are doing.