    Thanks,
    Tom
    , Aug 3, 2007

  2. wrote in news:1186148377.499284.271990
    @g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

    > We have a Java web application that we need to add some dental
    > charting capabilities. Does anyone have any good recommendations of
    > charting software in general or dental charting specifically?

    IMO, you would be better off asking this question in a group that has
    dentists and dentistry as its primary topic, rather than one that has
    programming in Java as its primary topic.

    Cheers!

    Greg R. Broderick

    A. Top posters.
    Greg R. Broderick, Aug 3, 2007

  3. burped up warm pablum in

    Here's a good list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_healthcare_software

    --
    Tris Orendorff
    [Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use?
    Tris Orendorff, Aug 3, 2007

    , Aug 4, 2007
  5. Roedy Green Guest

    >We have a Java web application that we need to add some dental
    >charting capabilities. Does anyone have any good recommendations of
    >charting software in general or dental charting specifically? The
    >chart is basic but we need to be able to color over teeth indicating
    >cavities, fillings etc.

    I don't know of anything specific to dentistry. Graphics packages are
    at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/graph.html
    However, I would think you need totally custom coding. You might
    handle your problem by showing either an illustration of teeth, a
    photo of generic teeth, or the patient's teeth. You then can take the
    mouse and scratch over the teeth in various colours. The scratchings
    would painted in automatically "dated" paint. You could erase with
    a date filter. You could assign meaning to various colours.
    You might look into using a glasspane where the scribbles are on one
    level and the teeth another.
    Or you might put all the information in text, with tooth number, and
    the restoration. All you need to is mark where that something
    happened on the tooth.
    You might have a look for turnkey systems to see what other clinics
    are doing.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary