dependent dropdowns with Ajax

jhcorey

I'd thought I'd try to save myself some time.

I'd like to create a page where the contents of a dropdown get
refreshed based on a selection from another dropdown. I might actually
have 7 or 8 of these in a series.

Is anybody familiar with a toolset or Ajax library where this can be
done and all selected values can then be referenced in the code-behind?

I understand that values that are modified by javascript are not
typically available in the viewstate, and I imagine that some ajax
implementations still have this issue.

TIA,
Jim

jhcorey

Philip,

Yes, that first example is what I'd like to do. Nice.
But I understand that Atlas is a little ways away from release.

Jim

Guest

If you look at either Anthem.net or MagicAjax (both of which are open-source
and hosted on sourceforge.net) I believe both of these offer samples that do
what you are looking for. Both work with either ASP.NET 1.1 or 2.0
Peter