    TIA,
    Jim
    , May 4, 2006

  2. Hi Jim,

    I have just experimented with the new technology called Atlas from Microsoft
    (which is not yet a release version) and built an example using the FormView
    where the dropdownlists are populated asynchronously:
    http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/atlas/toolkit_cascadingdropdown.aspx

    This example combines both the server-side traditional asp.net and the
    updatepanel from Atlas:
    http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/atlas/updatepanel.aspx
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, May 4, 2006

    Philip,

    Yes, that first example is what I'd like to do. Nice.
    But I understand that Atlas is a little ways away from release.

    Jim
    , May 4, 2006
  4. If you look at either Anthem.net or MagicAjax (both of which are open-source
    and hosted on sourceforge.net) I believe both of these offer samples that do
    what you are looking for. Both work with either ASP.NET 1.1 or 2.0
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, May 4, 2006
  5. Yes, Atlas is still a product in development stage. As Peter mentioned in
    another post, there are samples on
    http://demo.magicajax.net/Examples.aspx
    http://demo2.magicajax.net/examples/Basic.aspx

    that do exactly the same as the demo I posted that uses the Atlas:UpdatePanel.
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, May 4, 2006