Dependent GridViews And CommandArguments

beaudetious

I have two gridviews. The first one has a column that contains an
ImageButton with a commandargument that is set in the RowDataBound event for
that gridview. What I want to happen is that when a user clicks the
ImageButton on a row in the first grid, somehow the commandargument will be
read and used as a parameter in a select statement used to populate the
second gridview.

I've not seen anything like this and it's driving me batty.

Thanks,
beaudetious

Christopher Reed

Look at examples of a GridView linked to a DetailsView and substitute the
DetailsView for your second GridView. There are examples of this in the
ASP.NET Quick Start Tutorials available through www.asp.net and the .NET
SDK.

beaudetious

Christopher,

Most of the examples I've seen use some form of the Select command. My
specific case uses the commandargument from an ImageButton as a parameter in
a stored procedure. That's the tricky part for me.

Brian