Dependent Properties in Custom Web Server Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Isai, Oct 9, 2007.

  1. Isai

    Isai Guest

    Hello,

    I am using VB.NET in Visual Studio 2005 to develop ASP.NET 2.0 web
    applications. I am developing a control library with all the custom
    controls that I can use in my projects. One of the requirement is to
    build a custom DropDownList with addition functionalities specific to
    my project. When I tried to develop this control I faced a problem
    that I have explained below.

    I inherited my control from DropDownList class. I added two new
    properties that are dependent on each other and their values come from
    a database. I used TypeConverter to populate both properties' values
    as a DropDownControl. If one property is set/changed the other
    property must be repopulated depending on the first property's value.
    The question is, how do I capture the changed event of one property
    and repopulate the available values for other property.

    Thanks,
    Isai

    Isai, Oct 9, 2007