Deploy a .NET apps

raghu1

I have a test .NET web apps developed in .NET 1.1 unsing Vs 2003.
Have to deploy this on a production box that hosts a web site. Here is
the structure of production BOX:

windows 2003 sp1.
..net framework 1.1

The web site has a bunch of virtual directories: each with different
functionality of the web site:
vf 1
vf 2
Bin
Images
Includes

where vf1 = virtual folder 1 ...

My apps has to plug into one of the virtual folders.
When I copy across the aspx/ascx .. and test
Get the following message

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'DBdefault'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="DBdefault" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="pgHead" TagName="PageHead"
Src="lib/dbPageHeader.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="pgFoot" TagName="PageFoot"
Src="lib/dbPageFooter.ascx" %>

My test does not have a virtual folder : I am not sure if this is an
issue.

All the paths are correct.

Please help.

thanks

Guest

Hi,

I think you didn't copy the bin folder. you might have just copied the
aspx/ascx pages. If you are using Visual Studio.NET try using Copy Project
option and copy that whole folder to your virtual directory on production.

Thanks,
Sridhar

raghu1

Hello Sridhar,
I have copied the files from BIN individually.
will try the copy project: my priblem being part of the web site is
live: do not wish to mess it up.
thanks