From: Steve ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Deployment to NON-default website?
Original Format
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Date: 2002-10-22 07:54:39 PST

With regards to my original post, Microsoft has confirmed
this to be a bug. Let's hope they get this fixed in the
next service release.

Elizabeth Newman [MS]

Marcus,

A patch has been created for Visual Studio 2003 to fix this problem. Please call PSS and ask for the "Web Setup patch." If you have any problems, please feel free to give my name to the
support technition.

Hope this helps,
Elizabeth Newman

--------------------

Marcus

Thanks, Elizabeth

We are using VS2002. I called Microsoft yesterday and the person I
spoke with emailed me a patch (it is not available online). It
involves replacing a dll in the deployment directory of Visual Studio,
building the deployment project to create the msi file, and then
running a javascript file called "enablehostheaders.js" with the name
of the MSI file just built as a command argument. This changes the msi
so that when you run it you will get an option asking you what web
site you want to deploy your site to.

Too bad this isn't more easily available as I am sure many others
would benefit. The guy I dealt with said that it will be available
soon, but that they were just waiting for the web documention to be
written.

If anyone would like these files and the instructions passed on from
MS, email me at:

marcus.bell@ec DOT gc DOT ca

Cheers,
Marcus