Deploy ASPX, browse, get HTTP Error #2

Larry Brindise

I have an asp.net application. I have used VStudio Web
Deployment Project to create the MSI file. I copy the
MSI file from my developer PC to my test server running
Win2003Server Web Edition. I run the MSI to install -
looks good so far - I see the global directory, etc.
I try opening the app in IE via www.myweb.com/aspxfolder;
where aspxfolder is the global directory. I get the
wonderful "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found"
page. So, I created a test.html file in the same global
directory and browsed to
www.myweb.com/aspxfolder/test.html - and I see my test
HTML. So, this has to be some type of aspx installation
or aspx execution security issue???? I am not sure where
to start because I basically accepted all defaults on
installation of w2003WE and the web deployment project in
VS.NET.
Help? Thanks!
-Larry

Alvin Bruney

check the bin directory first to make sure your required dll's are installed
in the bin directory. if it is empty you missed a step on the install msi
creation. if it is not, check for your aspx files to make sure they are
there. if they are, check iis to see if you have a virtual directory is set
up correctly.