deploy msi without web.config or with more IIS settings?

evolve

I'd like to deploy my website as an msi (which I do currently using the
'deployment project')
but without the web.config file (I want the admin to put their own one in
later)
or
with more control over the settings
as the deployment project only gives you a very small subset of settings
available in
the IIS console

has anyone managed to do this?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I am not sure whether this is the proper avenue. You might try to deploy
web.config and have a custom installer that reads it, as XML, and
adds/alters tags. Until the app is hit in a browser, the config file should
not be locked. NOTE: I have not tested this, but it should work.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!