Deploy New aspx pages

Wayne Wengert

I hope the is the right group for this question? If not, let me know.

I have a web site with several asp.net pages that work fine. (e.g.
http://mysite/net/mypage1.aspx). I created a new web project in VSNET 2003
and used the Project/Copy option to create a copy of all the required pages.
I then created a new subdirectory under "net" and upload the project copy to
that folder (e.g. http://mysite/net/newproj) I also copied the new dll and
pdb from the new bin directory to the bin directory in the "net" directory.

When I try to pen one of the new pages, I always get an error that the page
cannot be found (e.g. http://mysite/net/newproj/mypage1.aspx)

What am I missing?

Wayne

Angrez Singh

Hi,

I tried copying a web project using the Copy Projec option under
Project Tab. It works fine just set the web access method of file share
if you dont have front page extensions installed ( as in my case :) ).
And then i tried to run that project. It works fine..

Just try to copy it again and to be double sure just whether VSNET 2003
had created a virtual directory or not..

Regards,
Angrez

Wayne Wengert

Thanks. I'll do that. How do you verify the VSNET did create a virtual
directory?

Wayne

Angrez Singh

Hi,

Just go to Start ->run -> type "inetmgr".

In the newly opened window known as IIS Manager, go to default web
site. Expand the link and you'll find a lot of links under. These links
are called virtual directories. Now if you see a link whose title is
the project name that you specified during the project copying and
whose path points to the new directory that you have created then there
might be some other problem ( not sure what would it be :) ). If it is
not there try to create a new virtual directory by right clicking the
default website link and saying add new virtual directory. Give the
name same as your project name and then path to you new directory.
Restart IIS and then try to access the website again.

HTH,

Regards,
Angrez