Deploy starter kit to remote (local) host

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by D, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. D

    D Guest

    WARNING NEWBIE QUESTION:

    I am playing around with some of the starter kits that are provided by
    Microsoft:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/default.aspx

    I have tried a few differnt apps including the mywebsite that comes
    with VS2005
    I run the site Ctrl + 5.
    I define users and roles through the ASP.NET Configuration GUI
    I use VS2005 to copy the site to the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ on my machine
    (Same Machine)
    I type in the URL of my machine on a different test machine
    I get the login page but the user I identified can not log in and i get
    the following error/message:

    Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again

    Any help would be appreciated

    D, Jun 27, 2006