Deploy web application + database

Markus Stehle

Hi all!

I've created an ASP.net web application that is based upon a MS SQL Server
2000 database. Now I'd like to deploy the application together with the
required database. My aim is to have one e.g. setup.exe that I can give to a
user - starting this exe will install the application (also creating the IIS
virtual directory) to a chosen directory and will also create the database.
Also, the exe must include the .net framework redist so that it can be
installed on a machine that does not have it already installed.

I can create a SQL script file for the database that can be executed in SQL
Query Analyzer, but I don't know how I can automate this within a install
package.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

Markus