    to the server without having frontpage extension installed
    there?

    Thanks
    SK, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Use FTP. Transfer .aspx & .ascx files and the .dll from the bin folder to a
    similar folder structure on your remote server

    Andy

    Andy Sutorius, Feb 14, 2005

  3. You can deploy it any way you want. FTP would be the most common
    alternative.
    But the only automatic ways from within Visual Studio.NET 1.x require front
    page extensions, so it sounds like you'll be deploying your files manually.
    BTW, Visual Studio 2005 (to be released later this year) will support other
    automatic deployment options that don't require frontpage extensions (such
    as FTP).

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Feb 14, 2005
  4. SK

    Iain Norman Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:38:49 -0800, "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]"
    <> wrote:

    >You can deploy it any way you want. FTP would be the most common
    >alternative.
    >But the only automatic ways from within Visual Studio.NET 1.x require front
    >page extensions, so it sounds like you'll be deploying your files manually.
    >BTW, Visual Studio 2005 (to be released later this year) will support other
    >automatic deployment options that don't require frontpage extensions (such
    >as FTP).

    About time too :)

    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org
    Iain Norman, Feb 16, 2005