Deployed ASPNET1.1 app doesn't work

Guest

HI

I just deploy my ASPNET 1.1 app to a laptop production machine with WinXP
professional, the process I did was:

Just like the book says:

I install the .NET 1.1 redistributable
I install IIS with server extensions
I copy the app to a folder
I create a Virtual Directory
I configure the Extension to the virtual directory

I check that the IIS configuration on my developer machine is the same on
the production machine, but when I call the main page of the app then the
IIS keep processing but the page is never shown

What Am I missing?

Thaks

Patrick.O.Ige

hmmm....
Is the Aspnet worker process running and how are you calling the page?
are html extensions file showsing from the browser..
elaborate
Patrick

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I install the .NET 1.1 redistributable
I install IIS with server extensions
I copy the app to a folder
I create a Virtual Directory
I configure the Extension to the virtual directory

Try this order the next time :

1. I install IIS with server extensions
2. I install the .NET 1.1 redistributable
3. I copy the app to a folder
4. I create a Virtual Directory
5. I configure the Extension to the virtual directory

At this point all that you may need to do is register the .Net Framework with IIS:

from a command window in the .Net Framework 1.1 directory
( Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 )
run the following command :

aspnet_regiis -i

That is necessary because you installed the .Net Framework before installing IIS.

One question for you...

What do you configure when you say you :
I configure the Extension to the virtual directory

?

Do you mean the default document ?

Guest

hi thank for the response..

today I'll be reinstalling everything in the order you gave me, when I
configure the extension in the web server I mean I did right click on Default
Web Site and select New Server Extensions Web from the pop-up menu and follow
the instructions about the new sub web I did that because that is what I have
on mybook. Should I do that?

I'm running a ASP default.aspx page as my start page, I did a test creating
a new virtual folder and copying a simple HTML page saying HELLO and that
works fine, so I think the problem is with the aspx ext, because in that case
IIS hang out showing nothing and trying to process the page.

But I execute the aspnet_iisreg –I and nothing happened, so I think the
order of the installation is the only thing I havent do right

Guest

hi thank for the response..

today I'll be reinstalling everything in the order you gave me, when I
configure the extension in the web server I mean I did right click on Default
Web Site and select New Server Extensions Web from the pop-up menu and follow
the instructions about the new sub web I did that because that is what I have
on mybook. Should I do that?

I'm running a ASP default.aspx page as my start page, I did a test creating
a new virtual folder and copying a simple HTML page saying HELLO and that
works fine, so I think the problem is with the aspx ext, because in that case
IIS hang out showing nothing and trying to process the page.

But I execute the aspnet_iisreg –I and nothing happened, so I think the
order of the installation is the only thing I havent do right

Guest

Well I already reinstall in the order you told me and nothing happend IIs
Hangs totally loading de default.aspx page ?

What can I do?