    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jan 7, 2005

  2. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am trying to setup an installation cd that one can just run from a server
    > to install a .NET web application onto that server. The program is using
    > crystal reports so these dlls need to be placed on the server as well. It
    > also is using webhelp (created using robohelp) so this should be included
    > as
    > well. Also the application interfaces with a relational database,
    > Microsoft
    > SQL 2000 and was wondering if there is an automatic way to install the
    > database (create tables,key constraints ect ) and have this as part of the
    > installation package on the cd?

    Take a look at
    Streamline Your Database Setup Process with a Custom Installer

    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/09/CustomDatabaseInstaller/default.aspx)
    and
    Walkthrough: Using a Custom Action to Create a Database During Installation
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...actiontocreatedatabaseduringinstallation.asp).

    John Saunders
    John Saunders, Jan 7, 2005

  3. ok thanks for the information. Looks like there is quite a bit to it, but
    will save a lot of time once the installer is setup.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jan 7, 2005